- How to feed the world
A nice 9 minute animation aimed mainly at kids. Interesting nonetheless and very well done.
- Danish volunteers build manned spacecraft
SomethingAwful goons will launch a space rocket on August 31st without government funding.
- Measuring the Speed of Light with Marshmallows
A fun idea plus a Mathematica notebook for download.
- Inside the secret world of Trader Joe’s
Interesting insights into the “cool” convenience store chain.
- The 7 Stages Of Doing Something New
A good reminder that “”http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/impossible-is-nothing">impossible is nothing" ;-).
- Maoists in Limbo
Article about the situation of Maoist revolutionaries in present day Nepal. I hope one of my favorite countries will soon be able to establish real peace!
- China’s secure communications quantum leap
Overview of China’s breakthrough in quantum communication. This could have interesting military implications (e.g. for submarines in the South China Sea), bet the PLA’s very happy.
- Ruby for Awesome Command Line Applications
Dave Copeland’s presentation from Lone Star Ruby Conference. Not earth-shattering, but overall sane advice plus some useful links at the end.
- Badass of the Week: Nikola Tesla
Entertaining little article on a very interesting person.
- Filesharing, Flattr und Bezahlschranken: Die Aufloesung historischer Unfaelle
Value creation in the digital world and how it should differ from the analog times (German).