- How Fake Money Saved Brazil
How Brazilian economists overcame hyper-inflation.
- Humor on the web & how to stop it
I iz in your memes, explaining dem. Oh, damn.
- Why is the Gates foundation investing in GM giant Monsanto?
The gates foundation is investing in GM giants Monsanto and Cargill. Is this their vision for agrarian development in Africa?
- Scientists and Soldiers Solve a Bee Mystery
In the US scientists and the military teamed up to solve the mystery of “collapsing” bee colonies.
- Taking Uncle Bob to school
Lau Jenson goes through some Clojure code by Uncle Bob and makes it more idiomatic.
- Later – What does procrastination tell us about ourselves?
A New Yorker piece on The Thief of Time, a collection of essays about procrastination. Don’t read this tomorrow, read it now!
- Confessions of a used-book salesman.
Interesting insight into what the person describing his job perceives as a shameful profession.
- A shocking discovery
In the late 1940s, the US Public Health Service infected Guatemalan prisoners with Syphilis.
- U.N. Report finds Israel ‘summarily executed’ U.S. citizen on flotilla
Is anyone even surprised anymore?
- Wiretapping the Internet
Another excellent writeup by Bruce Schneier.