- An Awesome Book!
Dallas Clayton wrote a book for his son and it also changed his life.
- NASA Scientist Discover Huge Bubbles of Energy in Galaxy
Two giant gamma ray bubbles erupt from the center of the Milky Way.
- Why Zappos Offers New Hires $2,000 to Quit
Zappos is known for their commitment to a good customer experience, and they start by trying to hire outstanding people, which can also be seen from the hiring practice described in this article.
- citizen map
Interesting project by the South China Morning Post, “aggregating local citizen reports, Hong Kong community media and other relevant news and information". Also made me realize how much I’d like to go back to Hong Kong one day…
- Cyber Experts Have Proof That China Has Hijacked U.S.-Based Internet Traffic
Allegedly China routed 15% of the world’s internet traffic through the People’s Republic for 18 minutes last April. Ah, the wonders of BGP.
- China’s 18-Minute Mystery
Someone actually took a proper look at what happened and gave a neutral and balanced account on the BGP issue from above. This is refreshingly different from the “ZOMG the Chinese are gonna eat us alive!” articles found elsewhere.
- Why should you care about currency wars?
In time for the G20 summit, the BBC has an article and a video on a topic that should interest us all.
- How to Say Nothing in 500 Words
Very entertaining essay on writing, this should be mandatory reading for college freshmen.
- New Facebook Messaging Continues to Block Some Links
Facebook censors the content of user messages. That’s great advertisement for the new messaging system. Not.
- China’s educated youth face a tough future
Translation of an article on China’s so-called “educated youth”.