- Punk rock … alive and kicking in a repressive state near you
On the state of punk music in Iraq, Russia, Burma and Indonesia.
- Where’s _why?
An article on _why and Ruby in Slate. Hello, mainstream. :–)
- Dangerous ignorance: The hysteria of Kony 2012
More negative feedback on the Kony 2012 campaign.
- The Truly Staggering Cost Of Inventing New Drugs
Make sure to also read the comments, some good stuff in there.
- Russian Prison Tattoos – Implied In Ink
I first read this a couple of years ago, but it came up in conversation today, so I decided to include it.
- ‘Bout to explode: a day in the life of a precarious worker
What precarious working conditions do to people…
- You’re crap and paid too much for the little work you actually do
I don’t really like this article and the author doesn’t sound like someone I’d want to have a beer with, but maybe some of you find this interesting.
- Lighten Up
About the subtle sexism female programmers have to endure, although I’m sure that’s true in most professions.
- And the microbes shall inherit the Earth
Looking at the past to predict what consequences global warming could have in the future.
- Wie Pressefotos die Wirklichkeit manipulieren
Italian photographer Ruben Salvadori shows the truth behind press photos (in German).